Drop shipping is a supply chain management method in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer, another retailer, or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. (Source: Wikipedia)
In this live stream discussion, I discuss the pros and cons of drop shipping vs. self-shipping.
1. Big Time-Saver/Work Smarter
2. Less customer service responsibility, such as hands-on returns
3. Less risk of wasted money, no wasted inventory
1. Less control over your business = angry customers
2. No control over how your product arrives to the customer (higher risk)
3. Most likely no branding or personal touch, although some drop shippers offer this, but it’s limited
Which one do you prefer? Tell us your preference in the comments.