Imagine a library full of books. You’re looking for a book about social media marketing, so you proceed to that section of the library. You find that all of the books in the marketing section of the library have blank covers and the same title, “This Book Is About Social Media Marketing”.
Sure, all of the books are different on the inside — they were written by different authors — but none of them stand out to you. None of them make you want to read them.
Your website and social media platforms are the book cover of your brand. Your future customer’s first impression depends on the way you present yourself or business.
Take for example, Harley Davidson. The Harley Davidson brand is identified as a rebel. The brand attracts a die-hard loyal customer base of mainly like-minded men and women who love to stand out.
There are four main benefits of establishing your brand personality:
- Your brand becomes easier to identify and remember.
- Consumers develop a sense of loyalty to your brand.
- Brand advocates will share your brand with friends and family.
- Sets you apart from the competition.
What You Can Do
- Share your story. Everybody loves a good origin story, and sharing yours will make your customers feel like they’re playing a part in it.
- Crack a few jokes. Making puns and cracking jokes are a great way to humanize your brand.
- Project your values. Projecting your core values will attract people with the same values.
- Be consistent. Consistency is key. Successful brands are consistent across the board in communicating their value.
Have you established your brand personality? Share it with us in the comments!